Friday, August 3, 2007

Week 9

Thing #20: I explored YouTube today. It's a great resource, but I have mixed feelings about it. There are some pretty bizarre and inappropriate things on there, where you could happen to stumble upon after doing an innocent search. So you have to be cautious when you choose a video to watch. I watched some music videos, then I watched videos of children in 3rd world countries, including Somalia, Kenya, and Romania. I don't know why I do this to myself, but by the last video I was in tears. For me, it's just one of those things you can't turn away from.
Thing #21: Podcasts....sorta interesting, not something I'm going to spend tons of time searching. There's a GRILLION of those things, I'd rather search YouTube, I think. I thing the YouTube and Podcast resources are great for supplements to presentations, or how-to demonstrations.
Thing #22: I didn't spend time exploring Netlibrary or Overdrive. This is because when we got the products here at our library, I spent an ENORMOUS amount of time downloading electronic and talking books, and making up instructions on how to do it. I have only used it for work purposes and not ever for home.

No comments: