Friday, July 13, 2007

Week 6

Thing 13: I'm working on Thing 13 on Friday the 13th. How weird! Anyway, I kinda like Delicious! At first I looked at it and was totally not impressed. But I played around with it some, and finally even created an account. I even put a tag thingy on my Firefox toolbar so I can save sites I like. I wish the interface was a little more user friendly. It looks kind of techie now.
Thing 14: Explored Technorati also. I "favorited" Boing Boing and even watched a You Tube clip about Sesame Street. It was pretty funny! It seems like a cool blog, nice and clean for a change, compared to most of what's out there.
Thing 15: Now that I'm on Thing 15, I've spent quite a lot of time exploring all of these new technologies, tagging websites, and sites where you can create lists, bookmarks, search tools, among others. How do you pick what to use? Where do you begin? It's so overwhelming. Is it enough for us to just have knowledge of what's out there, or do we need to master all of these new technologies? And, something I wonder all the time, where am I in the learning curve? Do I know a lot about technology, a little bit, or somewhere in the middle? I think it takes hours upon hours to understand and master these new concepts, and where do we find time to do that? I'm afraid to fall behind in my learning, but don't want to be consumed by technology and forget how to live, ya know?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we're just supposed to gain exposure to these technologies. I know that I've spent more than an hour each week and I did one assignment for each thing, but I haven't even seen all the technologies that some people are talking about!!!

Jessica said...

You like delicious and the other site? Maybe I should take some time to do some more exploring.