Saturday, July 21, 2007

Week 7

Thing 16: I spent some time exploring the wiki exercise. I must say that I LOVE Wikipedia, it's one of my favorite websites! It's very detailed, and you don't have to surf all over the net to find information about a topic. I couldn't believe all the information they had about the Watergate Scandal, and they have lots of popular culture items as well. I liked how one library used a wiki for their internet subject guides.
Thing 17: I did the Wiki exercise and thought it was interesting. I'm not totally comfortable within a wiki yet, but I see how it could be a valuable tool. Our strategic plan notes are on a wiki and we are supposed to read and make comments. However, the danger is that, as was discovered in the sandbox, things can get erased by one of the editors! I don't like that idea a whole lot. A blog is much safer because you can add comments and it doesn't affect the original post.

No comments: